I’m a huge fan of good bath and shower products but they can cost a ridiculous amounts for ingredients you might already own. I chose this DIY as my first in a spa kit series because of how incredibly simple it was. All of these ingredients were easy to find and are great for the skin.
Cocoa Butter Benefits
Cocoa butter is a natural moisturizer that is high in fatty acids. This helps penetrate the skin deeper than a normal moisturizer would. These fatty acids are areoleic acid, palmitic acid, and stearic acid which also provide anti-aging benefits. Since this a natural ingredient it’s great for people with sensitive or irritable skin. The scent of chocolate and vanilla has also been proven to have aromatherapy benefits.
Lavender Essential Oil Benefits
Essential oils each have their own benefits when it comes to aromatherapy. Lavender has been proven to reduce stress and anxiety. It is a popular oil for baths due to its calming properties. Lavender has also been proven to alleviate headaches and improve sleep.
What You’ll Need:
1/4 cup of Cocoa Butter
2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
20 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
~the links above are Amazon affiliate links but are all products I used and stand by~
- Using either the stove top or a microwave, melt the cocoa butter and coconut oil and mix together. Both of these products are solid at room temperature but melt just above it so they don’t need to be heated up too much or they will over heat.
- After mixing these two together and they’ve cooled slightly add the essential oil. You don’t want to add this until your mixture has cooled slightly so that the oils don’t evaporate.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the silicone molds.
- Let these cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- And that’s it! Super simple! It’s important though to store these in a cool dry place. Any warmth or moisture will cause these to melt prematurely. I recommend keeping them stored in the fridge to be safe.
Now pop 2-3 of these into your next bath and relax!